Skip that trip to the branch. Deposit checks in a snap! Use your Android or iOS mobile devices to deposit checks straight to your accounts, instantly!* Convenient, secure, and FREE, Mobile Check Deposit makes deposits as easy as 1,2,3!
Snap. Deposit. Skip!
- Deposit checks directly into your eligible account using your Android or Apple® mobile device.
- Real-time mobile check deposit posting
- Take photos of the front and back of your check and submit. It’s that easy.
- Get confirmation on your device and by e-mail for each successful deposit.
Use CheckSnap and be automatically entered to win an iPad!Learn More
What is CheckSnap Mobile Deposit?
With CheckSnap Mobile Deposit (“CheckSnap”) you can make a deposit directly into your eligible Checking, Savings, or Money Market account using the University of Hawaii Federal Credit Union Mobile App on supported Apple® and Android devices. CheckSnap lets you submit photos of the front and back of your endorsed check. Your deposit is safe and you can save time with fewer trips to a branch. We use advanced encryption and security technology:
- Your credentials are not stored on your mobile device.
- Check images are not stored on your mobile device.
- 128-bit encryption masks your sensitive information.
Remember: For added security, always sign off completely when you finish using the Mobile Banking app.
Who is eligible for CheckSnap?
UHFCU members who maintain a Checking account and have accepted the Remote Deposit Capture Services Disclosure and Agreement are eligible to use Mobile Deposit; however, certain restrictions and exclusions may apply.
How do I start using CheckSnap?
CheckSnap is supported on Android or Apple® mobile devices. If you already have our Mobile Banking app, update it with the most recent version. Once logged into Mobile Banking, click “Mobile Deposit” to review and accept the Remote Deposit Capture Services Disclosure and Agreement. Once approved for use, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. Please note that approval may take up to one business day.
How does CheckSnap work?
First, be sure to endorse and write “For UHFCU Mobile Deposit Only” on the back of each check you deposit. Then, log in to the UHFCU Mobile app and follow these simple steps:
- Select the “Mobile Deposit” option.
- Select “Start New Deposit”
- Enter check amount
- Choose the account where you want to deposit your check.
- Take a picture of the front and back of your endorsed check with your mobile device. For photos that work best, follow these guidelines:
- Place your check on a dark-colored, plain surface that’s well lit.
- Position your camera directly over the check (not at an angle).
- Fit all 4 corners in the guides of your mobile device’s camera screen.
- Submit your deposit.
You’ll receive a confirmation message on your mobile device for each successful deposit. Plus, we’ll send a deposit confirmation via e-mail.
What are the deposits limits, holds and cut off times?
Amount limits: There are per-item, daily, and rolling 30-day limits. The deposit amount limits will be communicated to you via e-mail when you enroll in the service. You will also be notified by the Mobile Banking app when attempting to deposit an amount over the limit. If you would like higher limits, please contact us. Certain restrictions and exclusions may apply. Holds: If a hold is required on the check, you’ll be able to find information about the funds availability in Mobile or Online Banking. Cut-Off Times: Deposits received on a business day before the cut-off time of 4:00 p.m. (HST) will be considered deposited that day. Otherwise, the next business day will be considered the day of your deposit.
Which types of checks may I deposit?
You can deposit checks payable in U.S. dollars and drawn at any U.S. bank, including personal, business, and government checks. They must also be payable to, and endorsed by the account holder (along with “For Mobile Deposit Only” on the back). International checks, U.S. savings bonds, U.S. postal money orders, remotely created checks (whether in paper form or electronically created), convenience checks (checks drawn against a line of credit), and cash are not eligible for Mobile Deposit.
How will I know if there's a problem with my mobile deposit after I submit it?
If a problem arises with your deposit, you will be alerted by e-mail. We may also contact you by phone or postal mail.
What should I do with my checks after depositing them?
After depositing your check using Mobile Deposit, we recommend that you securely store your check for 60 days after your deposit, and then destroy it. This allows sufficient time in case the original check is required for any reason.
- What is CheckSnap Mobile Deposit?
* Certain restrictions and exclusions may apply. Requires a UHFCU Checking account and enrollment in Online Banking. Funds availability subject to certain terms and conditions. For complete details, please review the Remote Deposit Capture Services Disclosure and Agreement. Standard data rates from your wireless provider apply.