Provides administrative support and assistance to the President/CEO and Board of Directors. May also provide assistance to other executives, as directed by the President/CEO. Ensures positive and professional communications with all internal and external contacts, while always maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, discretion, tact and diplomacy. Greets all office visitors, announces arrivals to the President/CEO, answers telephone and records and distributes messages for the President/CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintains vital Credit Union reports including Board minutes, organizational documents, policies and regulatory/audit reports.
- Types and/or composes material in draft and final copy for correspondence, memorandums, orders, recurring and special reports, requisitions, forms, Board/Committee agenda/minutes, directives and similar material as needed by the President/CEO, Board of Directors or other executives within the Credit Union as directed by the President/CEO
- Prepares outgoing correspondence for the President/CEO
- Assists President/CEO in scheduling/coordinating meetings and maintains his/her calendar. Dispatches invitations and meeting agendas to attendees.
- Serves as team member on special projects, as assigned by the President/CEO
- Assembles and distributes Board and Committee packets and other material pertaining to meetings to Board/Committee members, President/CEO and management personnel in advance of meetings.
- Tracks important dates for Board policy reviews and sends reminders to responsible members of management to help ensure compliance.
- Responsible for travel and hotel arrangements and registration to conferences, seminars, etc. for the President/CEO, Board of Directors and other executives as requested by the President/CEO.
- Assists in the planning and coordination of meetings. Includes but not limited to ordering and delivering meals.
Administrative Assistant Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft products including Outlook, WORD, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines under tight time constraints.
- Ability to operate a variety of office machinery, including but not limited to phones, faxes, scanners, copiers, adding machines, computers, etc.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Must maintain a positive and professional demeanor at all times and support and promote changes within the organization.
- Fully committed to the Credit Union philosophy and vision.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position listed above, please fill out the application and send along with your resume to:
- By Mail:
University of Hawai`i FCU – HR Department
PO Box 22070, Honolulu, HI 96823-2070
- By E-Mail: email@example.com
Note: Please send resume as a .PDF document, any other format will not be accepted.
- By Fax: 808-983-5556