This position is responsible for processing accounts payable, balancing and reconciling the general ledger, performing bookkeeping duties such as daily posting, and supporting the departments.
- Performs accounts payable functions, including verifying and data entry of invoices/expense reports, resolving discrepancies, processing payments, and maintaining documents
- Process wire transactions as authorized, ensuring accuracy and timeliness for proper credit and compliance with OFAC regulations.
- Process member items such as backup withholding and insurance claims
- Maintenance of Prepaid items and Fixed Assets records
- Maintains/reconciles general and subsidiary ledgers, performs daily and periodic reviews.
- Participates in month-end and year-end closing by preparing journal entries, accruals, and tax forms.
- Assists in financial reporting, analysis, and audits
- Provide support services to members and other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The following duties are completed in an accurate and timely manner:
- Accounts Payable
- Daily Balancing
- Processing Wire Requests
- Posting Journal Entries
- Maintaining/Reconciling General & Subsidiary Ledgers
- Meets established deadlines
- No audit issues
- High School diploma is required, Associate degree in Accounting preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles of Assets, Liabilities, Income, Expenses, and general ledger accounts.
- Proficient in Excel, Word
- Experiences in Credit Union operations a plus
- Two years accounting experience in A/P or G/L
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently and make sound decisions.
- Attention to details.
- Consistently demonstrate positive teamwork attitude.
How to Apply
If you are interested in any of the positions listed above, please fill out the application (PDF) and send along with your resume to:
- By Mail:
University of Hawai`i FCU – HR Department
PO Box 22070, Honolulu, HI 96823-2070
- By E-Mail: email@example.com
Note: Please send resume as a .PDF document. Any other format will not be accepted.
- By Fax: 808-983-5556
- By Text*: Text “UHFCU” to 22100
The University of Hawai`i Federal Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The University of Hawai`i Federal Credit Union complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.